I realized the other day that I have never baked oatmeal-raisin cookies, despite the fact that they are one of my favourite snacks. I wanted to bake them for clients so I knew that I had to use an excellent recipe. I did a quick google search and found that a lot of people liked the recipe from Robin Hood oats. My only modification was to slightly reduce the brown sugar and add some extra cinnamon and nutmeg - perfect!
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
3 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups raisins
1. Beat butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla in heavy bowl with hand mixer over medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. In small bowl, mix flour, soda and cinnamon. Add to wet mixture and blend on low speed till blended, about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in oats and raisins by hand.
4. Chill in fridge for 1 hour or freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden. If you want crispier cookies, press flat before baking.
Makes 30-36 cookies
Adapted from Robin Hood Quick Oats recipe.