The title is a mouthful, and it doesn't even begin to cover the deliciousness that is this dessert. Its the best of rice crispy squares, a childhood favourite. It does take extra time, but it is well worth it because you will be showered with compliments!
This is often my go-to dessert for potlucks or gatherings with friends. The most important thing to make sure is that no one is allergic to peanuts where you will be going - if there will be, make something more allergy-friendly!
I included a few pictures of the steps you take so that you can visualize what needs to be done. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to take a pic of the end product - but it does look awesome! It really is quite simple it just takes a few extra minutes above your regular squares. Don't forget to have extra Pam no-stick spray or margarine available to grease your spatulas & hands as needed.
1) Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
2) In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine over low heat. Add the vanilla. Melt the marshmallows into the margarine, stirring frequently with a greased spatula. When marshmallows have almost melted, add the peanut butter and stir until blended and everything is melted.
3) Remove from heat and add in cereal. Mix well but carefully, until everything is blended.
4) Quickly pour onto baking sheet, and press down firm. Will only be about 1" high (as opposed to normal squares in a smaller pan that will be about 2-3" high). You may need to grease your hands or spatula for this!
5) In a small saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add chocolate & butterscotch chips. Stir frequently until blended, add milk if needed to make a bit easier to pour.
6) Pour chocolate over rice crispy mixture stopping about 1" away from all edges.
7) Roll up jelly-roll style (using the longest side), peeling waxed paper away while rolling. Place seam side down on a serving plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
8) Cut into 3/4" rolls just before serving and enjoy!