The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Artichoke, Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Linguine

           I feel like I have hardly posted the past few weeks, life has been so busy. As most of you know, I passed my phase 3 real estate exam, so I'm able to officially apply for my license! I should be a licensed real estate agent in the next 4-6 weeks - so please keep me in mind if you are thinking of buying or selling a home :) I will post my work website on here when it is up & running.
            When life gets busy, and I don't have time to spend hours in the kitchen, I often turn to quick pastas to ensure a delicious yet speedy dinner. This pasta can be on the table in about 10 minutes from the time the water starts to boil for the linguine, so its a definite go-to when time is of the essence. You could easy substitute various ingredients - I would try cherry tomatoes, arugula or black olives!




Ingredients:
1 box of whole wheat linguine noodles
2 cups fresh spinach
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (if dry, soak in hot water first)
1/2 cup roasted red peppers or pimento
1 small can artichokes, drained & lightly chopped
1/3 cup store-bought pesto sauce

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil & add linguine noodles & 1 tsp salt. Cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil & garlic in a frying pan over medium heat. Add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red pepper, and artichoke & cook until spinach wilts & everything is warm. Turn down to low and keep warm until pasta finishes.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain & add pesto sauce and remainder of ingredients. Mix well & serve immediately.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment