The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cookbook Recommendation

            A lot of people ask me where I get my recipes from. I get them from everywhere!! I have some favourite cookbooks that I have been given as gifts, some recipes from friends & family, and I also frequent cooking websites like AllRecipes and of course, Martha Stewart Living
         This cookbook was recommended to me from an old (as in former, not an age reference!) teacher that I lived next to for several years. I picked it up at the library, and it is just fabulous! I still have some posts to publish with recipes from the book, but so far, everything is amazing. It reminds me of something my grandmother would have used to cook with, because the recipes are classic & simple, like they were before the invention of reality TV & cooking blogs made everyone crazy with their recipes :)
          So here is a shameless plug for The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge. If you click on the title it will take you to Amazon, where you can buy it for as little as $12!  I recommend it, and "Ms Turner" from Stratford Central ALSO recommends it! 
           This is also a hint to my darling husband, should he read this, that my copy is from the library, should he need a good gift idea :) For $12, its cheaper than a date to McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment