The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tuna Melts

            One of my favourite childhood meals was tuna melts.  The egg and tuna combination to me is just perfect. Since the husband doesn't like tuna, I often make tuna melts when I'm flying solo for dinner. This recipe is for 1, but could easily be quadrupled. I didn't take a photo because I was too busy eating :) 


Ingredients:
1 can tuna, drained
1 hard-boiled egg, peeled, rinsed & chopped
1 1/2 tbsp mayo
1/2 tsp mustard
1/8 cup diced celery
dash of dill, celery salt & pepper
grated marble cheese
kaiser roll


Directions:
Combine all ingredients well. Stuff 1 large or 2 regular kaiser rolls with filling, and wrap well in tinfoil. Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment