The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken Naan Pizza


            The husband absolutely LOVES tzatziki sauce. He puts it on just about everything (seriously - we go through about 2-3 containers per week). So when I saw a pizza recipe that used tzatziki instead of regular sauce, I knew that I had to make it.
            The pizza turned out fabulously - the husband was begging me to make more immediately (seriously? Do I look like a Stepford wife?) I refused, but this will definitely be a staple in our house from now on. The following recipe is dinner for 2, but you can adapt it however you’d like. I served it with this Greek Salad.


Ingredients:
2 medium naan bread (or pita bread, if you can’t find naan)
2-4 tbsp tzatziki sauce
1/3 cup chicken, cooked (I used leftovers from this)
¼ cup red pepper, thinly sliced
green onion
mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F
  2. Spread 1-2 tbsp tzatziki over each naan.
  3. Top with mozzarella cheese as desired.
  4. Top with chicken and red pepper.
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is crispy.
  6. Remove from oven, garnish with green onion and serve.

Nutritional Information per pizza: About 400 calories, depending on how much cheese you use. Weight Watchers: 8 points

Adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday food.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like it would be a great way to use up the tzaziki sauce and pita bread I have in my fridge right now. I bet it would be great with feta, too!

    ReplyDelete