The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Greek Salad

Justin & I love Greek food. For me, it started a few years ago when I visited Greece - before that, I hadn't eaten an olive or feta in my entire life! Now, Greek/Mediterranean food is a staple in our diet. We have "Greek Night" almost every week. Here is a staple: authentic Greek Salad:







Ingredients:
1 cucumber, washed & chopped
2-3 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 cup feta, crumbled in large pieces
1/2 cup pitted olives
1/4 tsp oregano

Dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl & mix well with ingredients. Let sit 30 mins in fridge & serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment