The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lemon-Dill Rice

I really like rice, but it can get quite boring after a while. I wanted to serve rice with my chicken gyros, so I googled "Greek Rice" and discovered a whole new plethora of ways to make rice. I forgot to take a photo, but here is my adapted recipe for lemon-dill rice. Its perfect with a Greek-type meal.

Ingredients:
1 cup brown rice
2 1/4 cups chicken stock (could also use water)
1 tsp butter
1 whole lemon, juiced, plus zest
2 tbsp fresh dillweed


Directions:
In a large saucepan, bring rice, chicken stock & butter to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, until liquid has absorbed. Stir in lemon juice, zest and dillweed, and cook on low heat for a few minutes until lemon juice has absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment