The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Whipped Shortbread Cookies


When I was a kid, my grandmother would make the most amazing whipped shortbread cookies. Until recently, I did NOT have the skills to try them myself - shortbread are quite delicate & fussy. However, with my new culinary skills and abundance of free time, I though I would try them. I adapted a recipe from my Grandma Kay and they turned out beautifully!




Ingredients:
1 cup butter (NOT margarine)
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 cups flour

Directions: Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat for 10 minutes with an electric mixer (do NOT cut back on the time). Drop by small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 F for 9-11 minutes - the bottoms will be a golden brown. Do not overbake.

No comments:

Post a Comment