The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Southwest Chicken Salad

           As you have noticed lately, I am big on 'meal salads.' It is all part of the preparation of being able to fit into a bikini on my pending trip to Mexico! To keep things interesting, I am constantly trying new dressings, combinations and toppings for salad so that I don't scarf down Kraft Dinner instead :)
          Last month I had a fabulous salad at the Cheesecake Factory in Florida. I wanted to re-create this combination while staying mindful of calories and fat. I am happy to report that I have succeeded! This Southwest Chicken Salad is fabulous!



Ingredients for 2 large servings:
4-6 cups torn romaine lettuce, washed & dried
1/2 red or orange pepper, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1 tomato, cut into chunks
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crispy fried onions
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
3 tbsp calorie-wise ranch dressing
3 tbsp barbeque dressing

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine ranch & barbeque dressing. Mix well.
2. Combine dressing with lettuce and chicken, toss well.
3. Arrange lettuce and chicken on a plate. Top with peppers, tomatoes, black beans, and sprinkle cheese & fried onions on top.

Nutritional Information: About 300 calories per large serving. 5 Weight Watcher points.

No comments:

Post a Comment