4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thick
1 box whole-wheat fettucine noodles
1-2 large cans Classico Garlic & Onion sauce (depends how much sauce you like)
1 tbsp milk
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese + 1 tbsp for sprinkling
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
Mozzerella cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Place tbsp oil into saucepan and put onto medium-high heat. At the same time, fill a large pot with water and place on stove on high heat.
3. Whisk egg + 1 tbsp milk in a shallow dish
4. Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt & pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Dip each chicken breast in egg mixture, then into bread crumb mixture to coat well.
5. Brown chicken breast, coated, in frying pan for about 4 minutes per side. Be careful not to burn. You may find it helpful to add another 1 tbsp oil about halfway through.
6. Put pasta sauce into 8x8 cooking dish and place chicken breasts on top. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese onto each. Bake for another 6 minutes, until cheese has melted & chicken is fully cooked.
7. Meanwhile, cook fettucine noodles in pot of boiling, salted water. If you place the noodles into the pot 10 minutes before the chicken is cooked, the timing will be perfect.
8. Drain noodles, and top with sauce & 1 chicken breast. Sprinkle with parmesan & parsley for garnish. Serves 4.