The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Contest Update!!

         I want to thank everyone who sent me recipes for the chocolate chip cookie recipe contest. I have been happily baking away for the past week, and I am almost done making the recipes!! There are some fabulous cookies that have come out of the contest!! I hope to announce the winner next weekend, so stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    We were talking about this on Saturday night, so I thought I'd share. Let me know if you like it!

    Avocado Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies

    1/2 cup butter, softened

    1/2 cup peeled, mashed avocado

    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

    1/2 cup sugar

    1 egg

    1 teaspoon vanilla

    1 cup flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)

    1 tsp baking soda

    1/2 tsp salt

    2 cups rolled oats

    1/2 cup shredded coconut

    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

    1/2 cup chopped walnuts

    Preheat the oven at 375F.

    Beat the butter until smooth, add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Gently beat in the avocado until blended.

    Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.

    Combine flour, baking soda and salt into the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats and coconut. Add chocolate chips and walnuts.

    Tablespoonful-sized balls onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-15

    ReplyDelete