The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Russ's Barbeque Sauce

I have recently started making a lot of my own condiments, as it drastically cuts down on the sodium content & preservatives. Plus the taste can't be beat!
I found this recipe for BBQ sauce in a homemade cookbook my grandma & mom gave to me when I got married. The cookbook is full of 'family secret' recipes that have been passed down through the generations, and they are all phenomenal. I have absolutely no idea who "Russ" is, but this is his BBQ sauce and its fantastic.

Ingredients:
2 cups ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp paprika

Directions: Mix well together in saucepan over medium heat till bubbly, let simmer for 15-30 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn. Excellent over ribs or sausage. Good re-heated & keeps well in fridge for up to 10 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment