The culinary adventures of a 20-something woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

The culinary adventures of a 20-something year old woman navigating the wonderful world of food!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

St Jacobs Farmers Market

                   For four years, I went to school about 5 minutes from one of the best farmers markets in the country. It was amazing - you could get fresh anything every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
      So last Saturday I begged the husband to go back for the day. He agreed to come if I promised not to stop at every.single.stand. So off we went - me with the excitement of a kid in a candy store, and the husband, well - he agreed to come.
       It was everything I remembered, and more! There were mennonites with their buggies full of fresh bread & apple pie, and the German vendors with sausage and pickled eggs. I picked up some red pepper jelly and the husband bought enough pepperettes to last a year (or the car ride home, in his case). We also bought - and I'm not sure why - 5 lbs of strawberries, 3 lbs of blackberries and a few pints of raspberries. All of the fruit came to eight dollars. $8. However you put it, it was dirt cheap.
       So if anyone has some good fruit recipes, send them my way, please. I leave you with a few photos of the craziness that is the St.Jacobs Farmer's Market. 




1 comment:

  1. I have a really yummy raspberry muffin recipe for you. I'll find it!

    ReplyDelete